Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Red Thread

How often do you come across a book that you can totally relate to?? I find, not very often, but The Red Thread, by Ann Hood perfectly captures the heart of a Chinese adoption. I could relate to every aspect of it - meeting our travel group, hearing their stories, travelling to get our little ones - it was all so real to me. And I LOVED how interwoven between all of that is the story of how each of the little Chinese girls is brought to an orphanage and given up for adoption. It is a heart-wrenching book - but one I am SO glad I read. It was real to me - a story I shook my head "yes" to as I was reading.

I will add that some of the sadness behind each family's story is brought out - it is real, but it is also raw - including some scenes that were a bit too graphic for me - that is just my disclaimer thrown in there - I try to be honest on my blog and I don't want to recommend something whole-heartedly that might offend some. I didn't think some of the scenes were necessary, but I also know that is what sells - sadly enough!

1 comment:

LedaP said...

I was just looking at that the other day and thinking about downloading it! Glad to hear it's a good one...I may grab it soon!

Search This Blog