Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Worthwhile Books

Once in awhile you see something new - and you just have to share it with the world. Ok - I will admit it - I've never heard of Worthwhile Books - but now that I have - I am sharing it with all of you!!! I got a package today and in it was Carl the Frog. David N. Weiss wrote this book and Pete Whitehead illustrated it to perfection. This book had me laughing out loud - I am NOT kidding. It is hilarious! What's a frog to do with his enormously long tongue that he can't seem to control?!?!? It just eats all of his friends!! My favorite part that had me out loud laughing??? "Bouncing behind a bus, with a belly full of friends, can make a frog feel very ill." You will get it when you read it - and YOU BETTER read it!!


Then there's Michael Recycle Meets Litterbug Doug by Ellie Bethel and illustrated by Alexandra Colombo. LOVED this one too - just in time for Earth Day this year! It is all told in rhyme and yes, it is SO fun! Even some spreads that you have to hold vertical to read - I love it when they do that! And the illustrations?? Well - it is just an all-around great pick! Another winner - thank you Worthwhile Books!!

No comments:

Search This Blog