Friday, April 10, 2009

Toon Books

You know from previous posts that I adore Toon Books - I love the whole concept - using graphic novels with beginning readers! So - when they sent me their latest titles - Luke on the Loose and Benny and Penny in The Big No-No! I was so excited! Luke on the Loose is by Harry Bliss - yes, none other than our wonderful illustrator for our Summer Reading Program this summer. Benny and Penny in The Big No-No! is by Geoffrey Hayes - a continuation in his Benny and Penny series. I just can hardly tell you how much I like these books - I guess the proof would be to tell you that they are RARELY in our library - they are always checked out!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Our favorite Toon book is Stinky. I passed my review copies on to the library, and my five year old is very vexed that other children have had Stinky checked out for the last three months...

Anonymous said...

I really loved these two titles, too, especially the Benny and Penny book.

Search This Blog