Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Red Shoes

Because I now have a daughter this book brings a whole new meaning to me!!  The Red Shoes is about a little girl and her shoe shopping dilemma.  Who doesn't like to shoe shop?!?!  BUT - what if you are shoe shopping and you have to buy the practical BROWN pair of shoes when you'd really rather have the BEAUTIFUL red pair!?!?  There is the dilemma for this adorable little girl.  Even the saleslady is "pushing" for the practical shoes but when mom gives in and lets this little girl try on the red pair - it is LOVE - "Cherry Blossom Sweet" as this little girl puts it. What a great book by Eleri Glass and such adorable illustrations by Ashley Spires.  I am definately taking this one home to read to Chloe - she WILL relate!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I love to buy shoes. I want this book!

Search This Blog