Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Astrid & Veronika

Linda Olsson's Astrid and Veronika is a wonderful novel about friendship. It is one of those tender novels that you just don't run across very often and you want to savor every minute of it. It is the story of a dear elderly lady, Astrid, with quite a sad past. She meets up with her new younger neighbor, Veronika, who is also struggling to rid herself of memories and hurts from her past. Working together, and building a strong friendship, they are able to help one another with their past hurts and move forward stronger. Very powerful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard such good things about this book. Thanks for the review!

~Amy~ said...

Becky, I love this website! I'm going to try to read some from your summer reading list! You rock girlfriend! ;)

LisaMM said...

I love this cover and have picked it up a couple times in the store. My TBR pile at home is so huge that I'm waiting before buying anything else, but it's on the list. Sounds really good.

Search This Blog