Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kite Runner

So, am I the last person in the world to read Kite Runner??? Probably, but I did just finish it and wanted to blog on it. I started it and said to my husband, "Does this ever pick up??" He told me to keep going, so I did. AND I am SO GLAD I did!! I thought it really did "pick up" and I just wanted to keep going to find out what would happen to Amir and Hassan. On a different topic than Afghanistan, it is a wonderful story of friendship ~ how we need to treasure our friends. It was wonderful - some parts are very hard to read, but WOW - what a different life it is living in Afghanistan.... I thought the book gave hope at the end - after much tragedy and pain. I came away wanting to read his new one, A Thousand Splendid Suns. I truly enjoyed this book!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Kite Runner is one of my favorite books EVAH! Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

No, you are not the last one to read this book because I haven't. But it's one of the one's coming up next as it's a book club pick this month for an online group I participate in. I can finally take this off the bookshelf where it's been for over a year and read it! I read A Thousand Splendid Suns and thought it was amazing!

heather (errantdreams) said...

Nope, you aren't the last person. *sigh* Someday I'll get to it...

steenwijk23 said...

no,I still haven't read it. In our library it was allways gone.I intend to read it though!!
( a librarian from a town in Netherlands)

Search This Blog