Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kite Runner

So, am I the last person in the world to read Kite Runner??? Probably, but I did just finish it and wanted to blog on it. I started it and said to my husband, "Does this ever pick up??" He told me to keep going, so I did. AND I am SO GLAD I did!! I thought it really did "pick up" and I just wanted to keep going to find out what would happen to Amir and Hassan. On a different topic than Afghanistan, it is a wonderful story of friendship ~ how we need to treasure our friends. It was wonderful - some parts are very hard to read, but WOW - what a different life it is living in Afghanistan.... I thought the book gave hope at the end - after much tragedy and pain. I came away wanting to read his new one, A Thousand Splendid Suns. I truly enjoyed this book!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The Kite Runner is one of my favorite books EVAH! Glad you enjoyed it!

Maw Books said...

No, you are not the last one to read this book because I haven't. But it's one of the one's coming up next as it's a book club pick this month for an online group I participate in. I can finally take this off the bookshelf where it's been for over a year and read it! I read A Thousand Splendid Suns and thought it was amazing!

heather (errantdreams) said...

Nope, you aren't the last person. *sigh* Someday I'll get to it...

steenwijk23 said...

no,I still haven't read it. In our library it was allways gone.I intend to read it though!!
( a librarian from a town in Netherlands)

Search This Blog

Loading...