Friday, November 16, 2007

Peony In Love

I SO LOVED Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See that I just could not wait to read her latest book, Peony in Love. In all honesty??? I was disappointed! First of all, you start off with a wonderful love story and within a few mere chapters you kill off the female in that relationship - I could hardly get over that. THEN, the entire rest of the book is following that female character as a ghost in the after world - as she watches other women love the man she loved - I am telling you, it was SO sad, even bordered on depressing for me. What I do love about See's books is the strong Chinese culture and history. I feel like I know more of Chinese culture when I read her works. I guess it just shows that NO BOOK can compare with Snow Flower - that was, and still is, definitely one of my favorites!!

No comments:

Search This Blog