Friday, November 02, 2007

Miss Spitfire

All I can say is - I am not often left in tears and this book did me in. I just sat and sobbed. Miss Spitfire ~ Reaching Helen Keller by Sarah Miller is a wonderful story of Annie Sullivan - the brave woman that was the only one that could "reach Helen Keller." Her story is compelling - I could not put this book down, and I found myself thinking about it throughout the day. I have read other stories of Helen Keller, and I always find them fascinating, but this one has got to be my favorite. What a woman of strength - Annie Sullivan did not give up but kept trying to reach Helen - and, at the end, when the breakthrough occurs - I was left in tears - the bond they forged is amazing - one that totally inspired me!! I just can not say enough good about this book! I LOVED it!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Becky, so glad you loved it!!!! This is one of my favorites of the year.

Search This Blog