Saturday, July 09, 2016

The Life We Never Expected

You know when you pick up a book and plan to read it and get one to two things out of it....and then you come away with a MILLION!?!!?  That is totally this book!  Andrew and Rachel Wilson have written The Life We Never Expected, and it is a book I plan to read over and over.  This couple KNOWS the struggle of raising not one, but two children with special needs.  Their story isn't pretty - they don't sugarcoat - but they are real and give the ultimate advice over and over - you just need to take it to God.  I love how the book is arranged - in cycles of a lifetime - and how to navigate them.  As a parent to a child with special needs, I cried with them AND I was encouraged.  They get it and they point me to Christ - who is ultimately the only One who can give the rest and strength.  I would highly recommend this book!


*I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher for an honest review on my blog.

No comments:

Search This Blog