Saturday, May 14, 2016

The League and the Lantern

Are you looking for a new read for your middle school readers?  I may have been introduced to JUST the thing!  Brian Wells' brand new novel, The League and the Lantern, is sure to capture readers - boys and girls alike.  This is a riveting, fast-paced novel that starts with a seventh-grade sleepover gone bad and how Jake and his friends must figure out a mystery dating back to the Civil War.  I thought this was fabulous!  It will be one I recommend to my boy readers who are struggling to find a good read - but also to girls who just want a fast-paced mystery.  It is clean and one they will be able to conquer.

It is also an amazing kick-starter campaign story that reached it's $10,000 goal in under four hours!  That says a lot about this book and the need for it!  Another thing I so loved about this story and author is that for every book ordered off of their website, LeagueandLantern.com, a hardcover book will also be donated to a child who could otherwise not afford one - all affirming the book's goal to show kids lessons in mercy, compassion, and charity through the story.

Do not miss this new novel - aimed at middle school readers - but one that will resonate with SO many readers!



 *I was sent a copy of the book by the publisher for an honest review on my blog.

No comments:

Search This Blog