Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Love Anthony

Love Anthony is the latest novel by Lisa Genova. You may remember Genova has written Still Alice and Left Neglected, both intriguing novels that showcase Genova’s expertise in neuroscience. Love Anthony is much the same in nature – a novel that focuses on autism from the mind of the autistic child. I thought just getting into the mind of the autistic child was fascinating. When we observe autistic children, we often wonder how much they are relating to our world. According to Genova, they are VERY MUCH involved and have strong feelings about how they are treated. I thought that aspect of the novel was riveting – in fact, I could have used more of those thoughts/feelings throughout the novel. The other story lines, family-related issues, were good, but, I didn’t think they were as strong as those of her other novels. I think it’s worth a read – just maybe not one of my “top-of-the-list” of Genova’s novels.

No comments:

Search This Blog