Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Other Side of the Bridge

Remember Crow Lake?? Well this is Mary Lawson's most recent novel, The Other Side of the Bridge.

It was a book that kept me going all the way through - now you may ask, "Was it as good as Crow Lake?" I would say I didn't think so. But it was another great story about a family - which I loved about Crow Lake. Her characters are so strong - you really "get to know" them throughout her books. This one was a little more "raw" as the main characters are boys at that puberty stage and there are some "more explicit" scenes than in Crow Lake. In the story you are switching back and forth from past to present - I love it when authors do that - and you are piecing it all together because - it does all fit together - I love that when authors do that too!! It takes some unexpected turns and even in some spots I was so upset with the storyline I couldn't put it down - I had to keep reading to see that it all worked out ok. You won't be disappointed with this Mary Lawson novel!

No comments:

Search This Blog