Friday, August 31, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Cloudscome (A Wrung Sponge) has brought an idea whose time has come into the kidslitosphere. (Original idea from a blog called overwhelmedwithjoy.) Here are
the details. I must admit upfront that I've changed the original rules to fit with the kidlit book world.
1) Once a month I'll pick a book (or two) to give away to one (or two) lucky reader(s) (you don't have to have a blog to enter). It may be a book that I've purchased
new or used, or it may be an ARC or a review copy of a book I've recently reviewed.
2) You can enter by leaving a comment below AND - if you have a blog - creating a post about it on your blog and a link back to this post. I will notify a winner on Aug. 20.
3) I took out rule #3, because I want people who don't maintain blogs to play. However, please feel free to pay forward the same book after you've read it on your own blog if you do keep one.
4) If you're really motivated and want to host your own "Pay It Forward" giveaway at any time, feel free to grab the button above to use on your own blog. Just let her know so she can publish a post plugging your giveaway and directing readers your way!Let's get some books zipping about the kidlit book world.
So this month I am kicking it off here at my blog! This one may be one you choose not to "pay forward" and that is just fine! You just keep it and enjoy if you choose! Most months I will be giving away a book or novel, but this month (before school starts) I thought this one would be fun! So leave a comment - and I hope you win!!!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Thursday, August 02, 2007
So here they are - my choices:
1. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. Reviewed by Miss Erin.
2. The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman. Reviewed at Educating Petunia.
3. An Egg Is Quiet by Diana Hutts. Reviewed by Leslie at Abiding.
4. Once I Ate a Pie by Patricia MacLachlan and Emily MacLachlan Charest. Reviewed by MotherReader.
5. Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God by Mary DeMuth. Reviewed by Katrina at Callapidder Days. Reviewed by Jennifer Snapshot at 5 Minutes for Mom.
6. Peony in Love by Lisa See. Reviewed by Wendy at Caribous Mom.
Now pardon me while I go read!!!!